Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 19 - PowerPoint Presentation

Although there was no official class meeting on Thursday, an assignment was still given to be completed by Tuesday. In completing the assignment, I had to create an original PowerPoint presentation that addresses one or more problematic content standards or topics in my teaching field. I chose to create a PowerPoint presentation for Kindergarten students on the five senses so that the PowerPoint could be easily integrated into my curriculum and could be of use in the conduct of my class. I avoided wasting time on animation and transitions, as told by the instructor, and focused solemnly on the critically important things about my subject and its content. In creating my PowerPoint, I used examples given by the instructor as my guide for the layout and used information on the five senses from various sources on the web to construct my content. Upon completion of my PowerPoint, I uploaded it to my Slideshare account.

Click here to view my PowerPoint on teaching kindergarten students the five senses  

Activity Outcomes Student can create, download, upload, and archive a graphic image. Students will be able to publish presentations in a variety of formats. Students will be able to select appropriate digital formats for publishing.

ISTE NETS T Standards:
3a. demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations
3d. model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information resources to support research and learning
5c. evaluate and reflect on current research and professional practice on a regular basis to make effective use of existing and emerging digital tools and resources in support of student learning

No comments:

Post a Comment